We thank everyone for their submission; Auditions are now closed.
Front of House Jobs - Pending:
Canada Summer Job Posting Production/Marketing Assistant:
This is a government subsidized summer position and the successful applicant must meet the following criteria.
In order to be eligible in 2020, the youth must:
a. be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
b. be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
c. have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Duties include assisting Theatre Management with:
• Helping in the administrative office of the company, i.e.: answering the phone, replying to emails, taking messages etc.
• Putting up posters and handing out flyers
• Running errands between administrative office and rehearsal/production space
• Helping during set-up and take-down of the stage
• Cross promotion of other local Festivals and Events
• Social networking (maintaining company’s Twitter, Facebook and Website)
• Public outreach (e.g. PSA's to media outlets)
• Arranging interviews with Artistic Company and members of the media
• Arranging tours of the theatre for guests
• Promoting ticket sales and working in Box Office
• Assist with the organizing and dissemination of information
Considered an asset if the individual is able to drive, must be organized, have experience working with the public, and have good interpersonal skills. To apply please email your resume to : email@example.com and specify that you are applying for this position in the subject line. This position will last for 8 weeks and will end no later than September 1st/2019, renumeration will be $11.65 per hour up to 30 hours per week, schedule is variable. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Technical Assistant for Perchance Theatre:
Please note that there are no restrictions placed on applications for this position other than the required skill set. Perchance Theatre welcomes all applications.
-Basic understanding of fundamental construction techniques
-Familiarity and comfortability with operating power tools
-Some flexibility of schedule
Technical Assistant (carpentry, set building) is a contractual position of six weeks and will start in June (exact date to be determined).Considered an asset if the individual is able to drive, must be organized, have experience working with the public, and have good interpersonal skills. Renumeration will consist of a flat contractual fee equalling $3600, over 5 weeks, schedule is variable. To apply please email your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you are applying for this position in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.